At Baker Group, our core focus is building a better community by delivering world-class service to great clients. We do this through hiring talented individuals who demonstrate our core values: care about people, love what we do, are mentally tough and own it.
We “Expect the Best” from our employees and each other because we know that’s what makes Baker Group a leader in our field. We support our employees through development and learning opportunities, helping them grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a variety of benefits for our team members, and regularly check the market to ensure that we exceed expectations and provide competitive offerings. Eligibility for each benefit is based on full-time employment status and tenure with the company; however, many benefits begin the first of the month following the start of employment.
Baker Group succeeds by working hard to provide outstanding products and service to our clients, but we also know how to give back and have fun.
Our culture base is infused with an entrepreneurial spirit, a pride in craftsmanship and a life-long dedication to Union trades. Our core focus and values, along with annual and quarterly goals, help steer the company, knowing that what we do and who we are make Baker Group a wonderful place to work. We host social events each year to help our team members get to know each other and build long-lasting relationships.
Our team values philanthropic opportunities, and we volunteer at various community functions each year. Our annual United Way campaign is packed with fun events that our people enthusiastically support to help raise substantial funds for a great cause.
To be the best, we must be committed to sharpening the saw. We do this through:
- A variety of training and collaboration opportunities through company-provided events that help us grow professionally and learn from each other.
- Joining forces with many local collective bargaining units to provide competitive wages and help bolster trade interest among young people. Growing our trades people is important to our success.
- Having a robust intern program that offers personal development, hands-on training, social outings and networking events.
- Growth potential — we reward hard work when we see it.
- Providing the opportunity to do meaningful work in our industry.
Baker Group works to inspire our employees to adopt and maintain healthy behaviors through a variety of means, including:
- An emphasis on safety has always been at the forefront of our philosophy and values. We want every employee to go home safe every night. OSHA classes are offered through the year to support job site safety.
- We work to create engagement in eight areas of wellbeing, including purpose, physical, balance, social, mindfulness, nutrition, financial and community.
- Throughout the year, Baker Group employees have the option to participate in multiple activities centered around healthy lifestyles.
- We have an on-site fitness center for our employees to exercise.
- We provide flu shots, biometric screenings, a blood drive and internal wellbeing challenges to earn points for an annual cash reward.