Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
West Des Moines, IA
Savage Ver Ploeg and Associates
The Weitz Company
Baker Group Scope
Mechanical Cost - $12,780,000
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage consolidated operations with the construction of a new $70 million corporate headquarters. The facility included a six-story office building and a semi-hardened underground data center. The building accommodates more than 2,000 employees and features large open-office areas for flexibility. Baker Group installed the piping, plumbing, HVAC, and temperature controls for this facility and assisted in commissioning all building systems.
Baker Group worked closely with the design team using a collaborative approach to complete the building in 18 months. This "fast-track" approach required close coordination and innovative construction techniques in order to meet the aggressive schedule. Pre-fabrication of duct-work and piping at Baker Groups facility close coordination with the design team resulted in a mechanical system completed on-time and within budget.
Features of the facility's mechanical systems include:
- Separate cooling plants for both the data center and the office building interconnected to provide redundancy
- All-electric heating system
- Exhaust air heat recovery system
- 50,000 gallon underground fire protection water storage tank
- Atrium smoke control and smoke evacuation system
- Temperature control system including web-browser interface
- Custom interior and exterior fountain designs