U.S. General Services Administration
Cedar Rapids, IA
Ryan Companies US, Inc.
KJWW Engineering Consultants
Baker Group Scope
The U.S. Courthouse located in downtown Cedar Rapids is built on a two-block site along 8th Avenue SE, between 2nd Street SE and the Cedar River. The 281,902-square-foot facility consists of five courtrooms, and facilities for the U.S. Courts operations and ten other federal government agencies.
Baker Group worked closely with the project team to provide and install the HVAC system, Sheet Metal, and Building Automation, Security, and Fire Alarm systems. Utilizing Baker Group’s extensive BIM (Building Information Modeling) and Advanced Manufacturing technology manufacturing capabilities, the client received:
- 13- Complete HVAC air distribution systems to include AHU’s, UV Lights, Fan-Powered & VAV Boxes, Humidification, Security Bars, Duct silencers and Fire-Smoke Dampers.
- 64 – Blower Coil Units with Distribution Duct
- 2 – Dedicated and complete Outdoor Air Handling units with UV Lights, ERV wheels to include distribution duct.
- 1 – Detention supply and exhaust air systems to include AHU’s, Reclaim Coils, distribution duct and fans.
- Various exhaust systems throughout the building to include parking areas.
- Mail Room exhaust system (dedicated)
- Computer Room Liebert Units
- Complete BAS